Logo

Welcome to Over and Over
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Hooper happy at Celtic

- - - - -

• You cannot reply to this topic

straitenmaheid

Celtic Reserves Player

Celtic striker Gary Hooper insists he is 'very happy' at the club and has no wish to leave Parkhead during the January transfer window.
HooperPosted Image has already been the subject of two failed bids from SouthamptonPosted Image - the latest of which was reportedly in the region of £4million.
The 23-year-old played under Saints boss Nigel Adkins at Scunthorpe United,Posted Image but Bhoys chief Neil LennonPosted Image is adamant Hooper is not for sale.
Lennon joked over the weekend that Hooper is worth £35million and the forward has sought to dampen any speculation he wants to move on.
"I'm very happy," Hooper told the club's official website. "I'm back playing now and scored at the weekend. It was good to be back in the team.
"I don't want to go anywhere. I'm a CelticPosted Image player and very happy here, winning games for Celtic and we're two points clear at the top of the league just now.
"I'm just focusing on football - training, playing and scoring goals - that's my job."

http://www1.skysport...happy-at-Celtic

CELTICREBEL88

celtic legend

i do not think he was ever going to leave in this transfer window big news that he wants to stay

straitenmaheid

Celtic Reserves Player

Don't want him sold, regardless of price, & certainly not for £4 million.

We've got to keep this team together IMO.

CELTICREBEL88

celtic legend

when he does leave he will be sold for at least 7 million

dundalk celt

Celtic Regular

dont think he will be sold in this window.

CELTICREBEL88

celtic legend

yea true if he is then Lawell is a Liar

marmarisbhoy

Celtic Legend

8M and i think it could be a done deal.............Young Keetings is banging them in for the development squad, a ready replacement?

It would be a gamble.......................but the sharp dressed man knows all about gamble's.

CELTICREBEL88

celtic legend

from what i have saw off Keetings he looks the real deal 8 million i would take that but that leaves us with stokes Sammy and who else

Sponj

Let's Go To War

Happy to see him stay, who wouldn't be! I think he has a bright future here, but can't see us keeping a hold of him forever.

CELTICREBEL88

celtic legend

its great hes staying but i do feel that its only for a short time maybe 2 years at most

Jordo1888

Booyah

Wouldn't settle for a penny less than £10m, squeeze every penny we can from those EPL bassa's!

daydream77

CelticTalk Newbie

from ESPN Transfer Talk blog thing:

17.19 GMT We said earlier that Southampton are set to go all out to sign Gary Hooper from Celtic. Well the latest rumour is that they may treble their initial bid to £6 million.

straitenmaheid

Celtic Reserves Player

Andy Carrol - £35 million

Torres - £50 million

So, from that:

Gary Hooper - £88 million

jjgcfc

Celtic Regular

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/16643271.stm

good cos' if the cash bid got higher im affraid the board would have sold him.