Logo

Welcome to Over and Over
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Jordan Rhodes

* * * * * 1 votes

• You cannot reply to this topic

Davie Bhoy

Celtic Reserves Player

As much as I'd love to see him at Parkhead, it just won't happen. The board will never fork out the money needed to bring him to Celtic.
Bucking Fastard!!!

Mike1888

CelticTalk Newbie

I think Rhodes and Hooper up front would be lethal... Nice header for the goal.

Kennys Dugleash

Celtic Legend

According to Wiki:

"On 31 July 2009, Rhodes signed for Huddersfield Town on a four-year contract for an undisclosed fee, becoming manager Lee Clark's sixth signing of the season."

So he's in his final year of his contract which of course means Huddersfield probably want another 6 month out of him because of his goal record there and get a good wee transfer deal at the end?
I reckon young Jordan might just agree to stop there till Jan then hope for a move to us on the cheap knowing we will most probably have shipped out KI by then and possibly Murphy?
Not so sure Huddersfield would turn down Daryl Murphy in a player cash deal though knowing Rhodes would fancy playing for his bhoyhood heroes and a chance at European Level Football.

The problem with letting contracts run down to less than a year it shifts the balance of power onto both the player and the interested Club as they know he can walk for hee haw come the summer.

My money is on Celtic not Blackburn...... :big_boss:

Davie Bhoy

Celtic Reserves Player

According to Wiki:

"On 31 July 2009, Rhodes signed for Huddersfield Town on a four-year contract for an undisclosed fee, becoming manager Lee Clark's sixth signing of the season."

So he's in his final year of his contract which of course means Huddersfield probably want another 6 month out of him because of his goal record there and get a good wee transfer deal at the end?
I reckon young Jordan might just agree to stop there till Jan then hope for a move to us on the cheap knowing we will most probably have shipped out KI by then and possibly Murphy?
Not so sure Huddersfield would turn down Daryl Murphy in a player cash deal though knowing Rhodes would fancy playing for his bhoyhood heroes and a chance at European Level Football.

The problem with letting contracts run down to less than a year it shifts the balance of power onto both the player and the interested Club as they know he can walk for hee haw come the summer.

My money is on Celtic not Blackburn...... :big_boss:

other clubs would have noticed that contract issue as well, I think there will be a pre-contract bidding war in January. Huddersfield will be quite happy to get a full season out of Rhodes then let him go

Kennys Dugleash

Celtic Legend

other clubs would have noticed that contract issue as well, I think there will be a pre-contract bidding war in January. Huddersfield will be quite happy to get a full season out of Rhodes then let him go

Aye but will Rhodes be happy to sit for another season in the Championship whilst he's watching Celtic on a wed or thurs night in Europe in front of a bouncing CP ?

He's served his time in the Lower Leagues he knows it's time to go up a level or two and play with the big boys and theres only a select few Clubs in the Premierhype can offer that Davie...at those Clubs he'd be a bench warmer at Celtic he'd be a regular I reckon.

I've not taken too much notice of him to be honest down here but his name always seems to pop up regularly,having looked at him a bit closer on youtube he seems to tick all the boxes in the type of player we really need.

A He's a Celtic Fan
B His scoring Record is very good at Huddersfield:
Season 1 Played 53 Scored 23
Season 2 Played 48 Scored 22
Season 3 Played 45 Scored 40
C He's 22 and 6'2" Very good in the Air
D He's strong and good on the deck aswell

So in essence he is probably ideal for the type of Forward we are looking for and it seems a pretty safe investment at the right price.
If we are serious about our valuations of our own players then surely this kid must be worth 4-5 million with his goals to games ratio?
I think we would be extremely daft to let this guy slip through our fingers myself on closer inspection as he scores alot of headed goals

CELTICREBEL88

celtic legend

just thinking about him Playing alongside Hooper is very good i really hope Celtic push the boat out on him but i can see it all depending on if any players leave in this transfer window

Gazzola

Celtic Legend

not seen much of him but impressed me with his goal and play tonight i think 4 mil is a decent price for him

CELTICREBEL88

celtic legend

4 million is a great price i think its worth a punt on him he is young good in the air can hold the ball up very well

Davie Bhoy

Celtic Reserves Player

Aye but will Rhodes be happy to sit for another season in the Championship whilst he's watching Celtic on a wed or thurs night in Europe in front of a bouncing CP ?

He's served his time in the Lower Leagues he knows it's time to go up a level or two and play with the big boys and theres only a select few Clubs in the Premierhype can offer that Davie...at those Clubs he'd be a bench warmer at Celtic he'd be a regular I reckon.

I've not taken too much notice of him to be honest down here but his name always seems to pop up regularly,having looked at him a bit closer on youtube he seems to tick all the boxes in the type of player we really need.

A He's a Celtic Fan
B His scoring Record is very good at Huddersfield:
Season 1 Played 53 Scored 23
Season 2 Played 48 Scored 22
Season 3 Played 45 Scored 40
C He's 22 and 6'2" Very good in the Air
D He's strong and good on the deck aswell

So in essence he is probably ideal for the type of Forward we are looking for and it seems a pretty safe investment at the right price.
If we are serious about our valuations of our own players then surely this kid must be worth 4-5 million with his goals to games ratio?
I think we would be extremely daft to let this guy slip through our fingers myself on closer inspection as he scores alot of headed goals

I'm not disputing anything you have said and, I know Rhodes is a great talent to have in your team and, I'd love to see him in the hoops, the problem though is our board and funds. They haven't put a bid in for him or even signalled intent to do so. Even though 4-5 mill is a fair price ,there's no way our board will pay it, even with champions league money.

Gaffney

The Gaffer

I'm not disputing anything you have said and, I know Rhodes is a great talent to have in your team and, I'd love to see him in the hoops, the problem though is our board and funds. They haven't put a bid in for him or even signalled intent to do so. Even though 4-5 mill is a fair price ,there's no way our board will pay it, even with champions league money.

Board was prepared to pay 3m for a striker early on in the window. Celtic can part with that amount of cash but every year Celtic wait's until the last minute to save a few bucks.

I will be surprised if we pay a big transfer fee before the 24th of August.

Davie Bhoy

Celtic Reserves Player

Board was prepared to pay 3m for a striker early on in the window. Celtic can part with that amount of cash but every year Celtic wait's until the last minute to save a few bucks.

I will be surprised if we pay a big transfer fee before the 24th of August.

The board can always afford that price on a player but, for whatever reason, they don't pay it. It's frustrating to say the least, here is a player who rattles in goals at a level, where our current top scorer made his mark on the game, yet, not a word from the board.

And This, wait and see what Euro comp we'll be in bullshit, bugs the life out of me, why not try a- get players that will put us in the Euro comp we want to be in- approach for once, give the fans and players a lift after the summer of hunnery we've had???

There's more chance of sevco paying Hector every bit of the £134 million owed than there is of Celtic making a signing before next week

gavmontic

Celtic Regular

He'll sign for us. Defo. What fan wouldnt?

kevza

Celtic Legend

He'll sign for us. Defo. What fan wouldnt?

Mo Johnston.

I'll get me coat Posted Image

gavmontic

Celtic Regular

I meant true fan...

WillyCFC1888

Even Jesus Supported Celtic!!!

I think we should offer £4m-£5.5m plus Murphy.

Kennys Dugleash

Celtic Legend

I think Willy is spot on 5 million plus "Dropkick" and mibees a wee sell on incentive for them when he inevitably makes his big move South again after an education at CP might just prize him away?
Or offer them a couple of youth players on loan for a season which benefits both Clubs.

ChrisWoods

Celtic Supporter

Really impressive young player but as much as I want him in our team, would defo tick all the boxes. I think Lenny is pushing Tony Watt and other development squad players through, was really good in pre season along wae Dylan McG, made a difference in the game against County, positive runner not afraid to have a pop, if we refine the rough edges (that only happens with game time/experience and he wouldn't get any with another striker on the books) he will be a star for us I'm sure of it and I'm sure as there has been investment in the DV squad the board are pushing Lenny towards them

YB67

GBNL

Murphy could not be offered as part of a deal as he is injured for a month, would be unable to pass a medical, plus he would have to agree to go there and Huddersfield would have to agree to take him. Lets be honest, who in their right mind would take him for the money he is on and for what he offers.

Kennys Dugleash

Celtic Legend

Murphy could not be offered as part of a deal as he is injured for a month, would be unable to pass a medical, plus he would have to agree to go there and Huddersfield would have to agree to take him. Lets be honest, who in their right mind would take him for the money he is on and for what he offers.

Did we not sign Kelvin Wilson when he was injured YB?

YB67

GBNL

Did we not sign Kelvin Wilson when he was injured YB?

fuck knows KD, but I wouldnt have thought he could pass a medical if he was injured, unless there are ways of avoiding a medical until the player is fit again. Anyway, I still dont think Huddersfield would take Murphy.