Logo

Welcome to Over and Over
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Hugo Rodallega

- - - - - source

• You cannot reply to this topic

jjgcfc

Celtic Regular

he would be class at us but he isnt an out and out striker, i have watched him alot and he is more like an attacking midfielder or plays behind strikers and still gets his fair share of goals, would do brilliant up here.

carraigbhoy

Celtic Regular

I just can't see this happening, he is a decent player,and behind Hooper and Stokes, he would be great, but I can't see him coming North

Alzi

Celtic Reserves Player

I dont see us getting this guy because other teams like stoke and west brom would probs snap him up on £30,000 a week wages or something stupid

YB67

GBNL

I just can't see this happening, he is a decent player,and behind Hooper and Stokes, he would be great, but I can't see him coming North

he is a better player than stokes and arguably a better allround footballer than Hooper, certainly not a better goalscorer. If he came he would take stokesy's place upfront.

Gaffney

The Gaffer

He is a better version of Stokes in my opinion, he does like to play deep but he is good in the air as well. He is the sort of striker that might do well for us considering he can play behind a striker or strikers as well. I wouldn't offer to big wages and I'm not sure if he is the target man we need, depends on how good he is as a targetman, info suggests he isn't bad in that role.

mcdermott

Celtic Regular

Tbh a think the wigan team made him look bad with better people around him like brown forrest kayal hooper n iza he would score a packet along with hooper but the more this is going without anything else a realy don't think this will happen

dundalk celt

Celtic Regular

will just have to wait and see , i think the centre back position has to be a priority with the exit of big dan, loovens, and o dea, wouldnt mind if ki was punted and we signed a quality centre back with european experience.

YB67

GBNL

Tbh a think the wigan team made him look bad with better people around him like brown forrest kayal hooper n iza he would score a packet along with hooper but the more this is going without anything else a realy don't think this will happen

I agree with this sort of. We have to remember he was playing in a struggling wigan team most of the time and wasnt getting alot of chances created for him.

Also, although I really want us to buy a target man, a pacey striker like Rodallega wouldnt go a miss either. Dont think we possess much pace upfront in stokes or Hooper.

Stevie1967

Celtic Reserves Player

Rumours on Twitter saying he's signed, he's our new #7

Gaffney

The Gaffer

This is a strange rumour but this is basically what has happened, not 100% sure but quite certain.

June 6th Daily Record prints article where James McArthur says Hugo will be a good signing for Celtic.

On June 14th this news hits Colombia and take the Daily Record article seriously as a suggestion that he is about to join Celtic.

June 16th this news comes back to Scotland and people think he is close to signing with a Colombian source when the initial source is actually the Daily Record article, no extra details have been added since that initial article. People have said his Agent is pushing the deal in public but I've not actually seen any sourced statements from an Agent yet.

mcdermott

Celtic Regular

A still don't think this is true would have rathered that poynyack sorry about spelling that was on loan at fulham last season but he's already been snapped up on a free

jjgcfc

Celtic Regular

he would be a fans fav up here, come on hugo bhoy

Chrisy

Chrisy Bhoy

The only single target that is champions league class and we all know it won't happen.

mcdermott

Celtic Regular

WERE DEFO NOT GETTING HIM

He has knocked back everton becuase they could not reach an agreement on his demands of 70K a week

Its guys like this who gives football a bad name noboday on this god for saking earth should be worth 70k a week undless u are a business owner in the own merits I.E Roman abramavic Dermot Desmond. Donald trump these guys have made billions for themself fair enough roman might have had his inhertance handded down but still keeps the business top of the game

Wingnut

CelticTalk Newbie

70k a week ffs ,that'll be us fucked then

Wingnut

CelticTalk Newbie

Oh well that'll be him away to fulham then

Champions67

Celtic Supporter

Oh well that'll be him away to fulham then

Yeah looks like it, never thought we were in with a realistic chance of signing him though.

Gaffney

The Gaffer

70k for a mid-table team, shocking.

pepperami

Celtic Legend

well hes signed for fulham lol

YB67

GBNL

70k for a mid-table team, shocking.

thats football nowadays unfortunately. Whats even more shocking is Reading being able to pay Pogrebnyak 65k a week...Reading ffs. who are they?