Logo

Welcome to Over and Over
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Big development around Celtic Park

- - - - -

• You cannot reply to this topic

Kennys Dugleash

Celtic Legend

Lots of people complaining about Celtic's plans to demolish London Rd school. Don't worry. It's history will transfer to the new building.

Bravo very good Gaff :beer:

marmarisbhoy

Celtic Legend

For me the school should NOT be demolished, it's the last piece of history to sit in that perticular place, how many sellik legends have walked past it on their way up to the double doors.

Build whatever they want to make Celtic Park more attractive..............................but build it round the school.

Gaffney

The Gaffer

For me the school should NOT be demolished, it's the last piece of history to sit in that perticular place, how many sellik legends have walked past it on their way up to the double doors.

Build whatever they want to make Celtic Park more attractive..............................but build it round the school.

Would be fine if the School was in a good condition but it's not, I don't see the point of keeping it for another 10-20 years to see it knocked down due to deterioration. I think the historic parts within the stadium are more important.

marmarisbhoy

Celtic Legend

no disrespect, but your of an age where the school really doesn't matter, to the older generation thats about all that's left of our history in the walk up to the "Holy ground".

Spend the cash and refurbish it .....................fhook me extend it ! make it an attraction ...........................what a place for the museum ffs.

Gaffney

The Gaffer

no disrespect, but your of an age where the school really doesn't matter, to the older generation thats about all that's left of our history in the walk up to the "Holy ground".

Spend the cash and refurbish it .....................fhook me extend it ! make it an attraction ...........................what a place for the museum ffs.

It would cost millions to refurbish it. Until now I've never heard anyone say anything good about the School until news that it might be demolished.

Davie Bhoy

Celtic Reserves Player

Sounds like a great idea, the area needs a bit of life put in to it and if it's anything like they drawings, it can only benefit Celtic and the people of the East end in the long run!

awolz1

Celtic Reserves Player

Would be fine if the School was in a good condition but it's not, I don't see the point of keeping it for another 10-20 years to see it knocked down due to deterioration. I think the historic parts within the stadium are more important.

The school serves no purpose, is awkward in its position, by all means make an interpetation wall with the "old" set up and layout of the land but come on its time to update a create not just the stadium but the surrounds....the building is knackered, move on......

awolz1

Celtic Reserves Player

and to finish, won't it be nice to let a little paradise leak out into the surrounds of the ground, it is a bit grotty...

marmarisbhoy

Celtic Legend

Posted Image

Now for the comparison.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Gazzola

Celtic Legend

Ive always been annoyed by the school its in the way.

so i think this is good news